Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Great Friend and a Great Gift

On Wednesday evenings, I meet with a few other women from my church for a small group. We often think that we need to be serious and discuss serious topics, but we often end up laughing, and then laughing some more. Yes, we share events from or lives, encourage and pray for each other. I come home tired, but refreshed in my spirit! These meetings definitely irrigate my soul.
This past December, Penny gave all of as this book for Christmas:

A Little Bird Told Me: 30 Days of Beautiful Words and Beautiful Art for Your Beautiful Soul
For more information:
see Amazon website
This book is written by Melody Rose, one of the founders of BraveGirls Club. At first glance, it just another pretty book to look at. But as you start reading it, you realize that this book is about encouragement, healing, nourishment and fun! Its illustrations and words feed my soul!
Here are a few quotes from the book:
  • Every day we can make progress toward our own big and little dreams. no more waiting, okay?
  • If you've had a day when you've done all you can and you still feel defeated, please dear one, give yourself some grace.
  • It is okay to leave the past behind. You won't fly the way you were meant to fly or to the heights you are meant to reach until you do.
  • Comparing takes away our joy and our gratitude and our authenticity. Instead of comparing, practice feeling happy about another's abundance. And feel grateful and happy about YOURS, too.
This is a book that you want to read or just browse when you are feeling a little blue--or a lot. You will find something in the book to encourage you and lift your spirits.

But, this post would not be complete without talking about Penny! Penny is one of those friends who seems to understand what people need. She has this gift of looking a little deeper. We were all blessed, and continue to be blessed by Penny's Christmas gift. And we all like the book so much that we decided to read it together on Wednesday evenings! I am expecting serious thoughts, reflections, and of course, lots of laughter to continue to feed and irrigate our souls and spirits. 

10 comments:

  1. What a great book tease this is. I will have to get it now! Thanks for sharing and fueling my book-buying habit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I have!

      Delete
  2. Your gatherings on Wednesday will be so joyful as you work with this book. Those are some great thoughts to hold onto. Perhaps I need to find it to continue my mindful journey. Hmmm. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elsie, it is definitely a book that will uplift your spirits no matter what page you are reading.

      Delete
  3. Wow...thanks for this awesome suggestion. Right now I can think of at least 3 women that would so appreciate this book. I have such a hard time figuring out what will help when a friend is in a valley or on top of the world! Thank you. XO nanc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nanc, your friends will be blessed like have been!

      Delete
  4. This book seems to speak to my heart gently. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! This book has no harsh language or strict words; it speaks gently and lovingly--just when you need it the most.

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh! I need to get this book for my friend whose #olw is brave. Awesome! Thank you for sharing the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your friend will enjoy this book at least as much as I have! And what could be better for her than a book by Bravegirls club?

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please stop by again.