Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Snow Day-- Does That Mean More or Less Work?



Snow day #2 is here! Yesterday's snow day was expected. The call came early Sunday evening. Texts went back and forth with coworkers about the perfect timing (we just finished exams).

Then in the middle of the day yesterday, I got an e-mail telling that our field trip to see a live production of Romeo and Juliet is cancelled due to the inclement weather. Really???? Okay, rewrite lesson plans. But first, shoveling and enjoying the sunshine!

Doesn't this just make the world a better place?

I hope my roses feel cuddled surrounded by the snow blanket.

It really was beautiful outside! Joy to feel the light breeze and
sun warming my face while shoveling. Winter beauty at its best! 

The sunshine was amazing! I felt rejuvenated! Granted I did not have to do all the shoveling by myself. There was a crew to do most of the work. Still, little exercise.

Lesson plans finally rewritten. Plans made for after school on Tuesday. I kept looking at the growing school closing list at the bottom of my television screen. None really for my county. Time to post lesson plans. Five minutes later, school is closed on Tuesday as well! What about my rewritten lesson plans???

Could this be a sign to spend more time to discover the great outdoors? Read some more for pleasure? OR do I need to rewrite the lesson plans once again? I will ponder that while doing a few other things that I enjoy (like reading blogs and commenting)!


29 comments:

  1. Such a positive post! Enjoyed your photos too!

    I love the snow! We are getting a lot too. I like how it slows folks down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might have slowed me down a bit too much:) Maybe some more work will get done today.

      Delete
  2. This makes me envious.
    I have a list of chores that are specifically for "snow days" and all we've managed to have are a handful of two hour delays and early dismissals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow just keeps coming. Two days was enough. Now work is waiting:)

      Delete
  3. Like the above commentors, I love snow and am envious of yours. We're getting a lot of cold rain this year, which is just depressing. Your photos are beautiful - I'll live vicariously through them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy being out shoveling snow, as long as there is no wind blowing. It is kind of like cutting grass - mindless and you can see what you've accomplished when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can see the results even easier with snow, don't you think? Or I just don't know anything about cutting grass.

      Delete
  5. Snow days are a surprise and a gift. Time- time to choose what you get to do. Enjoy! We've had none this year where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday a movie with a friend was a real treat!

      Delete
  6. Snow days are a surprise and a gift. Time- time to choose what you get to do. Enjoy! We've had none this year where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SNOW!!!! No snow here in Cancun but that would be something right? Love your words and pictures. I'm not jealous but it does look inviting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow, sunshine and no school. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your rose bush reminds me of my blueberry bush. Just a sad mess of branches underneath some snow. I'm sure I'll be shocked once it melts and gives way to fruit. And I can't wait for that.

    Enjoy your snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you've accepted and made the most of snow days. I'm frustrated and worried - I should take a page from your book, Jaana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Choosing to enjoy snow days beings me greater joy!

      Delete
  11. I love the way you've accepted and made the most of snow days. I'm frustrated and worried - I should take a page from your book, Jaana!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you've accepted and made the most of snow days. I'm frustrated and worried - I should take a page from your book, Jaana!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty pictures of your bright and shiny snow day. We've been having Fall-ish weather with no hope of snow in sight.

    After seeing you guys go through Snowmageddon, I think I'll keep our pitiful weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But outside sure looks beautiful today! (More fresh snow fell today!)

      Delete
  14. A snow day here and there is a gift, but continuous days at home makes one have cabin fever. Shoveling a little is fun, especially if you are not the only one doing it. Hope you are able to get back to school and lesson plans are ready and waiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to get back! I missed seeing my students!

      Delete
  15. I almost wrote a post like this last week after a snow day last Monday, but Tuesday was so exhausting I never got around to it! Loved the pictures -- snow brings so much joy and beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy and beauty with snow! Absolutely! Hope all is well with you!

      Delete
  16. We haven't had a snow day in a long while, sounds good, but not now, please, too much going on to get ready for our big Expo. Your writing here was just fun to read, Jaana. It's almost as if I could hear you thinking/talking to me. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! Maybe some snow for you as well in a few weeks?

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please stop by again.