Friday, January 9, 2015

Focus Disappeared

Thank you Holly for creating this opportunity to dig deeper into the most important things in life.
Stop by at Holly's blog to read more stories about Spiritual Journey.


This week many blogging friends have been writing about their One Little Word for 2015. I think I know mine, but it needs a little confirmation before it will dare to come out in public. I have been, however, very intrigued by many of the words that fellow writers have chosen. Holly's word, focus, has really been on my mind for the last few days. 

The year 2014 started great. I had my One Little Word that I was really excited about. The first few months that word really guided my journey. But then something happened; I lost my focus. It did not happen suddenly, rather so slowly that I did not even realize it. How could that be? 

Photo by oochappan

I felt a little like the photo above; the road was very pretty and I was enjoying the view, but did not really pay attention to where I was going. The road became foggy. There was no clear view on either side. I could see some new life along the road, yet there were long distances where the road was very dry-almost barren. I wanted to climb the hill, then again, the fog made it seem unwise as I could not see what is on the other side.

I was very touched by Holly's post and how she is focusing her spiritual journey this year. Even though "focus" is not my OLW, I also want to make my spiritual life and journey the focus this year. Perhaps the road that I will travel will still be similar to the photo where fog lingers around, and new life appears only sporadically. 
Nevertheless, I will not walk alone! God's word will guide my path. I can look to the right or to the left, and I don't need to be afraid! God is with me. If I need to climb a hill without seeing the top or the other side, He will climb with me. He will catch me if my steps wobble and I fall down. I can take a rest and rest in His presence and in the knowledge that God is with me every step this year! 

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."    Deut. 31:6

4 comments:

  1. Jaana - I'm so glad you wrote about FOCUS. All of your posts are making my OLW so much richer and fuller. Your photo reflects what a lot of us see so much of the time - fog and fear. However, like you said, when we walk with God, he helps us see clear clearly, guiding us. To focus on God means to be free from fear and uncertainty. I'm looking forward to finding out what your OLW is going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish refocusing was as easy as turning the lens. It seems my lens has been out of focus and foggy for quite some time. I too am trying to focus on my spiritual side because I think when that becomes more focused, the more clear other things in my life will become. I am so glad you joined us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaana, I love these words from your post: "God's word will guide my path...He will climb with me. He wilI catch me...I can rest in His presence and in the knowledge that God is with me every step this year!" Can't wait to hear your OLW. Maybe on Tuesday or next Thursday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes when it's dark or raining, I must focus on the white guiding line on the side of the road. That is where God is, riding next to me along the path.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please stop by again.