Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sweet Little White Wolf and the Mean Loud Blue Riding Hood

These are the directions for the Quick Write this Thursday:
Step One: Pick your favorite fairy tale.
Step Two: Flip all the genders.
Step Three: Write a paragraph or two from a flipped character’s perspective.


And here is my quick write:


I really want some ma's cooking. It has been so long since I tasted a sweet cake with cinnamon. Maybe I will venture out of the forest today and go see that house at the edge of the maple trees. That red house always looks so inviting. Wonder what I could take with me on my first visit? Flowers? Coffee? Flameless candles?
"Dad, I am going to go visit the Blue family!"
"Okay, son. Be careful; I have heard that there is a mean girl that likes to play in the woods People say she is scary. You better not stop anywhere on your way. And, don't forget to come straight home afterwards."
"I promise!"


                                              FreeDigitalPhotos.net


I can almost see the house behind those trees. Oh, but wait! I see some wild flowers along the edge of the oak trees. Maybe I should pick a few for the lady... After all, I have heard about the lady's coffee cake. It has even won ribbons at the village fair--at least that is what the newspaper reported.
"What do you think you are doing?"
"Excuse me?"
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? YOU ARE ON MY LAND, YOU STUPID WHITE WOLF!"
"Oh, hi! I am-
"I know who you are! You are not welcome here. This is Blue land! We don't want your kind in here!"
"Hello Ms. Blue! I have heard that your father has taken ill and-
"I already told you once, get off our land, OR I WILL KICK YOU OUT!"


Wow! Dad really was right when he mentioned the mean girl. She really does talk loud; she even looks blue in the face. I don't think I will be getting any coffee cake today.


"Little Blue??? Who are you talking to?"
"Nobody Mom!"
"I know what I heard! Let me see who you are talking with!"
"It is White Wolf, Mrs. Blue."
"Well, come a little closer child. I want to look at you a little closer."
.
.

1 comment:

  1. Flipping the characters makes a good prompt. I like your choice and approach.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please stop by again.