Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Hello there--I am

i am an ESL teacher, mom to one amazing daughter 
i keep way too many folders on my desktop both at home and at school
i wish i could make my students see all the possibilities and opportunities that they have 
i love to read mysteries, adventure stories, and yes, even romance
i speak English, Finnish and some Chinese and Arabic
i sing in church and in my car
i think it is really hard to stay home sick
i really need to get back to regular gym attendance (maybe after I am well and testing booklets have                been sent back)
i need to organize my kitchen table and wash the dishes
i should learn more technology (should iPad be my next purchase?)
i can't go many days (probably not more than one) without spending some time reading
i like to keep in touch with friends around the world via social media
i make a good travelling companion
i enjoy spending time with friends--especially if it includes good coffee and great conversation  

Leigh Anne who wrote a post earlier this month with this format. Thank you Leigh Anne for your idea!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jaana (and Leigh Anne)!
    I missed this earlier so I'm glad to learn more about you.
    "English, Finnish, Chinese, and Arabic" - I think that sounds like a hard combination of languages without a lot of similarities. (Somedays English seems too much!)

    So fun to still be learning about you after reading your slices both last year and this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jaana (and Leigh Anne)!
    I missed this earlier so I'm glad to learn more about you.
    "English, Finnish, Chinese, and Arabic" - I think that sounds like a hard combination of languages without a lot of similarities. (Somedays English seems too much!)

    So fun to still be learning about you after reading your slices both last year and this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off - I hope you are feeling better! I had to laugh about the folders on the desktop. I am a "piler" and yes, I even have a pile on my desktop. How sad is that! I did mange to clean off my dining room table. Not that I want my daughter to move out - but I have already claimed her room as my new office so we can eat meals without my piles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great list and a neat way to learn about some one. Thanks for sharing a bit of yourself with us.




    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the list idea, & want to say I am the folder queen too. I just keep adding them! Also, get an IPad, much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please stop by again.