Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Neighbors, Friends and Coworkers = Blessings


Getting sick is never fun. If you are a teacher, getting sick really means extra work = substitute plans! These sub-plans are a major reason why I don't like to take time off. This week, however, I had no choice. I had to stay home. Today is my third day at home and hopefully the last.

During the last few days when I have been sick, I have been privileged to be reminded how  many great friends, coworkers and neighbors I have! My neighbor friends have gone to the store for me. I got drinks, chicken soup and one even picked up my medicine!

Coworkers have printed lesson plans for the sub, talked to students about their projects, and assured me that they will take care of everything. Sweet emails from students have lifted my spirits: "I miss you Ms. Jaana. Ms. A. is nice, but she is not you." I can't wait to get back to school and tell my students how much I have missed them!!

Then there are the text that have come. "Do you need anything?" Friends who don;t even live close by have offered to come and help. I am truly been touched. Prayers have been so appreciated. I am feeling them working.

Comments on my posts when I felt that I was not able to write that well or comment that much have still appeared on my blog. Thank you! Well wishes and prayers are counted as blessings!

I have truly been blessed while being sick! It is amazing when you are feeling so miserable, you can be so blessed at the same time!

10 comments:

  1. What goes around comes around. You must be a very deserving person to be getting all that attention. Bask in it, but it is so nice that you also appreciate it so much.
    https://barbarasut.wordpress.com/2015/03/25/happiness-is-the-great-books-club-at-the-library/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better. The help you have been getting speaks volumes about the kind of person you are. Relish the joy of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that you have been so sick!!! You are in my prayers! It makes me smile to know there are so many people who are taking care of you...I'm not surprised at all!! Take care!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are on the mend! You are blessed and your appreciation is evident! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh be well. You do have quite a support network probably because you are so grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh be well. You do have quite a support network probably because you are so grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are surrounded by good people who have your back, just as you have theirs. Glad to read that you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How like you to see the blessings even when you are sick! Glad you seem to be on the mend. Take it easy getting back to busy school days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you have had the comforting help of friends. And so glad you are feeling better. The flu has been hitting our area pretty hard which is really late in the season. Take is slow tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are feeling better. It always puts things into perspective when you have to slow down and just let others help you out. I find it helps to relish in what is good, even when you are sick. Glad you can still find things to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please stop by again.