Thursday, March 12, 2015

What have I discovered this far about my OLW?


                                   

Today I am writing my Slice of Life Story Challenge and linking up with Holly's Spiritual Journey Thursday. At Holly's blog we are writing about the different One Little Words that each of us have chosen. Today we are writing about DISCOVERY which is my OLW.

This winter has been a great winter, but also a really difficult winter. Cold sunny days have have brought sunshine into my life that at times felt dark. I think that the older I get the more the darkness of the winter affects me. So on those short winter days when I have been feeling down, debating whether to go to church or just stay at home because it is warmer inside (and comfortable in my pajamas as well), I have discovered that it is okay if I stay at home. Not necessarily the best choice, but it is okay.

I have discovered that God's grace can reach me at home. He will meet me where ever I am. His grace knows no limits. He offers His grace freely because He loves me. He meets me where I am. He offers His grace whether I am dressed up or in my pajamas. Perhaps this is the reason I love Matt Redman's song Your Grace Finds Me.



I have discovered that I don't need to be perfect (not that I ever am). God offers His grace when I fall short on following Him. He also offers His grace at work. He sustains me both at work and at home. I can discover this grace new everyday. It is not conditional. It is offered from and with love.

It is because of this grace that I want to discover a new fire. I want my soul to be on fire again. I want to discover a new fire in my relationship with God. I also want to discover a new passion and fire for teaching. Don't take me wrong, I don't think that I have lost my passion for teaching, but I want to discover a new fire, maybe a sense of urgency and grace as I teach and deal with students who come from such difficult circumstances. If my fire is not burning brightly, what do I have to offer to my students? 

This THIRD DAY song is both the perfect prayer for my journey on discovery this year, and my prayer for you today. With grace and a new fire in my soul wonderful things can happen!




9 comments:

  1. Jaana, I agree God's grace is EVERYWHERE! I love this word so much!!! Thank you for sharing this inspiring music!! Just what I needed! :) Looking forward to following more of your discoveries!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, as I scrolled through the blog posts to find the three I would comment on during my morning coffee, each one I chose had the word grace used in just this way. Someone is trying to tell me something! We need to give ourselves grace and we need to give others grace. It is the only way to live well, isn't it? Thank you for sharing. I seem to have the ability to be on fire all the time. It freaks people out sometimes, but I can't hold it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaana, I, too, think I'm affected more and more by the long winters. I'm so ready for spring and warmth and sunshine! It's hard to keep the fires burning when it's dark and cold. I hope you discover ways to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post really moved me. Soul on Fire - what a beautiful song and what a beautiful image. May grace fill you and may your soul be on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen!!! This slice is so uplifting and vibrant. Thanks so much for sharing. Sometimes that fire that God puts inside of just seems to just be lit and other times it is glowing brightly. Glad that you are searching and discovering. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for writing this! I am passing through a season where everything has been hard everywhere! But God's grace has sustained me and His hope has kept me going. I related to not going wanting to go to church. I started watching the live streaming service instead. I found like you that it was okay even if not the best choice. I knew it wasn't forever. Right now I sense revival and renewal coming. I am aware of how God allows me to participate in His work, even when the path is through suffering. I see His mark in the times where I know I was made a difference. We are secure in His care !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jaana, the first song is amazing and so uplifting. The Lord's grace finds me. I am moved and my prayer tonight is for a friend who needs God's grace to soothe her soul. Thank you for your OLW to write about tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have missed going to church on some Sundays simply because of the weather conditions. It is only a ten minute ride, but since we live in a valley the first leg of the trip is all uphill which is not always cleared. That's when we watch EWTN and feel that God perfectly understands. God lives in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you reminding me of God's amazing grace. Our God is an awesome God.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please stop by again.