Saturday, March 30, 2013

10 Minute Revolution

Graphic by:
http://digitalminimalism.com


In January I read a blog post about all the things that you can do in 10 minutes.
Here is a sampling of what I can accomplish in 10 minutes and what I would like to accomplish in that time.


  • Take a walk to smell the spring air
  • comment on a few blog posts
  • get my heart rate up by exercising (Pilate's, walking, jumping etc.)
  • correct 5-6 quizzes 
  • make my morning coffee and breakfast (and drink the first cup)
  • read at least 10 pages of a good book (Why would I waste ten minutes reading a bad book.)
  • Write a short blog post when the day is almost over
  • vacuum downstairs
  • do the dishes ( when I have less dishes on the sink than right now)
  • be half way to school in the mornings
  • knit at least 10 new rows for my scarf
  • de-stress with a friend and colleague after work
  • write at least one day's lesson plans for one class period

Here is what I would like to accomplish in 10 minutes:

  • finish a one-on-one speaking test (but unfortunately it takes much longer)
  • correct all my quizzes (you know I am dreaming)
  • spend time in the mornings reading the Word
  • clean the house (so, I am optimistic, and would like to move onto other things after cleaning)
  • take that walk more often to make sure the smell of spring stays with me on days that feel gloomy (even with the sunshine)
  • brainstorm future blog posts that are more eloquent and professionally crafted
  • make a phone call to a friend far away or write an e-mail to someone an ocean apart 
  • go to bed a few minutes early in order to wake up a few minutes early to accomplish more, and to be more awake 

What can you accomplish in 10 minutes or what would you like to accomplish in 10 minutes?



7 comments:

  1. In 10 minutes I can:
    be at my mom's house
    eat lunch
    take a shower
    wander around my yard checking for new growth
    Ten minutes doesn't sound like a lot, but when you think about it, a lot can be accomplished. This was a fun post to contemplate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -take a 10 min nap-
    - do a bit of yoga -
    - call someone (it doesn't work with my sis)-
    - clean up some mess-
    -write another list-
    I need to think a bit more. Fun post. Fun thinking exercise. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In ten minutes I can...come up with a plan for the day! But you are right, a lot can be squeezed into those ten minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never stop reading in just ten minutes! A kid's show my daughter used to watch when she was little, Big Comfy Couch, always had a "10 second tidy" near the end of every episode, which showed the main character in fast motion rushing around to clean up the mess from the day's playing... ten minutes put into a household task is much the same, the job is always bigger if put off until tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea, Jaana! With 10 minutes, I would like to: read more, take a walk like you, send an email to catch up with an old friend, clean one small part of the house, have a quality conversation with my husband, write positive notes to students...

    ReplyDelete
  6. In 10 minutes I can mix a batch of brownies, then read some posts! Can't just read for 10 minutes - that's too short! Really like how you got all of us thinking with your post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to think I can accomplish many things in ten minutes but usually it takes much longer. I wish I could keep my pinterest shopping to ten minutes. Too much there to stop. I can't stop reading a book in ten minutes either. I'm going to have to think about this for a while to see if I can come up with a list. I was going to sit down to comment on slice of life blogs for ten minutes and it's 90 minutes later!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please stop by again.