Saturday, March 16, 2013

Someday or Today


Someday I will have students
who all make progress.
They will use up all the 
green ink in the data charts
someday.

Today I will pray for 
my students.
I will carry them one by one 
to Him' who knows what they need
today.

Someday I will read about my
students who have 
published a book that will 
change the world
someday.

Today I will prepare
the lesson that connects 
my students' lives to 
Romeo and Juliet of
today.

Someday one of my
students will help
me to walk again or learn
how to speak again
someday.

Today I will teach my students
the vocabulary that they 
will need when that 
someday becomes
today.


I was reading Betsy's blog at the beginning of this month, and I decided that sometime this month I also want to try writing someday/today poem. If you would like to read Betsy's much more eloquent poem, you can find it here.

6 comments:

  1. I like the someday / today structure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hope that you have for your students. You must be a phenomenal teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the structure & content of this piece. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this format. It really makes you think of the steps you can take today toward a bigger goal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved the structure of the someday/today. Your poem reminds me of some very possible somedays. This was great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! And I think yours is plenty eloquent. I have never seen this structure before. Since I attempted my first poem today, I may not be brave enough to try again tomorrow, but maybe a different day this month? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please stop by again.