Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Slice of Life #6: Tuesday Quietness

My ususal Tuesday routine is: get up early, go to work, tutor after school 1-2.5 hours, eat dinner on the run, go to small group, go home, maybe catch NCIS: Los Angeles (or fall asleep before the show is over).
Today is turning out to be a little different; Yes, I still went to work today. I was "priviledged" to proctor a standardized test for high school students. Need I say more??? But then at the end of the day, I got to work with 4th grade students! I absolutely loved it! Their take on life is so different from my high schoolers. And, by the way, it is now sunny, and I can feel the warmer weather coming! To my surprise, no students came to tutoring! Maybe they are also enjoying the beautiful weather. Or testing took a toll on them as well.
So, I am now pondering this quietness in my room....Definitely had to turn on some music. As I write this, I am planning my surprise free time this afternoon. Maybe some bookstore browsing, visiting a craft or fabric store, maybe even Pier1. I might even go and have some pancakes for dinner on my way to small group.
I guess I better clean my desk, get ready for tomorrow and leave to enjoy the sunshine.
If you are feeling the sunshine today, go and enjoy it!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for a peek into your day. It was fun. And you're right, 4th graders have a different take on life than high schoolers--but sometimes, the behavior is the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing part of your surprise free time with us! Those unplanned quiet moments are the very best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please stop by again.